13.1.08

Essential ingredients for the trousers

This list is dedicated to Fiona

Spice:
Cumin Seeds + powder
Sea Salt (I keep Celtic sea salt)
Fresh to crack black pepper
Saffron threads
Szechuan pepper A.K.A Prickly Ash
Cardamom (green + brown)
Cinnamon
Nutmeg (whole)
Mace
Cloves
Star anise
Dried chili (whole + powder)
Coriander/(Dhania) (seeds + powder)

If you can pound them or grind them fresh you will enhance the potency twofold.

My daily fresh bread:
Ginger
Fresh Garlic
Fresh Shallots
Fresh Coriander
Limes + lemons
Lemon grass
Fresh chili

More Herbs & Spice with less traffic:
Kaffir lime leaves (frozen fresh is OK)
lemon grass (frozen fresh is OK)
Fresh sweet basil.
Fresh dill
Sumac
Black salt
Mustard seeds
Ajwain (carom seeds or bishop's weed)
Hing (Asafetida)

Wet things:
Tahini
Tamari
Sesame oil
Good quality olive oil
Grape seed oil.
Fish sauce
Pickled chives (Beijing Lui Bi Ju Food co Ltd)
Fermented Tofu (Grand Stone)



Sate Sauce (otherwise known as "Bull Head Barbecue sauce")

1 comment:

fifi said...

best I get shopping, baybay dear.


Food & Love...What makes me an expert? I like to believe it is my sincere and serious dedication towards food exploration, food enthusiasm and towards the food that floats my boat. If the coriander is thriving greener on the other side of the fence - I want to know what is cooking in that Kitchen! I'm all for learning new things when it comes to our bellies...My aspiration is to invite friends to contribute to this blog, by inviting guest cooks to post recipes and related food info.